- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 200ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon light soft brown sugar
- 6 rashers unsmoked bacon, diced
- handful sultanas
- 150g stilton or other hard blue cheese, crumbled
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes
Yield 6 servings
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crispy. You shouldn’t need any oil as the fat will run from the bacon.
- Heat the vinegar in a large saucepan until just simmering. Tip in the sugar and stir to dissolve, then add the red cabbage. Cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes, tossing the cabbage through the vinegar.
- Spoon the cabbage into bowl, stir through the bacon, sultanas and season with black pepper and a little salt. Allow to cool.
- Toss in the blue cheese to serve.
Amount per serving (1 Serving) — Calories: 225, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 1.8g, Sugar: 12g, Protein: 12g