- 1 small head white cabbage, including outer green leaves (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cabbage in half and, with the cut-side down, slice it as thinly as possible around the core, as though you were making coleslaw. Discard the core.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, salt, and pepper and sauté for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and begins t0 brown. Season, to taste, and serve warm.
Sauteed Cabbage – Food Network