- 1 fresh mango peeled and cut into small cubes (1 cup cubes)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice (divided)
- 1/8 + 3/4 tsp sea salt (divided)
- 3 tbsp avocado or sunflower oil
- 1 medium sweet potato with peel, about 8 oz (finely diced)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (chilled)
- 2 medium bell peppers (various colors, diced)
- 1/2 cup frozen organic corn (thawed)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 15 oz can no-salt-added black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 burrito-size (10-inch) whole grain tortillas
- 1 large Hass avocado peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 oz soft cashew cheese, scallion or regular flavor, crumbled (optional)
Prep time – 22 minutes
Cook time – 15minutes
Makes 6 Burritos
In a small bowl, stir together the mango, chipotle powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
In a large (12-inch or larger) deep cast iron or other stick-resistant skillet over medium-high, heat the oil. Add the sweet potato and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the rice, bell peppers, corn, turmeric, and black pepper and sauté until bell peppers are caramelized (browned), about 8 minutes. Add the black beans and cook while stirring until the beans are heated through, about 2 minutes.
Remove skillet from the heat, stir in the cilantro and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon salt, and adjust seasoning.
Top each tortilla with the crumbled cashew cheese (if using), veggie mixture, cubed avocado, and chipotle mango; roll up burrito-style, folding in the sides. Cut in half, if desired. Alternatively, serve as burrito bowls, with tortillas on the side. Top as desired, such as with salsa verde, pico de gallo, or guacamole, and serve.
Mango, Black Bean, & Caramelized Veggie Burrito – Mango.org