Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 5 (1-inch) slices fresh pineapple (about 4 1/2 pounds)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
Place first 3 ingredients on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side.
Discard stems and seeds from bell peppers; dice pineapple and bell peppers. Combine pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and remaining ingredients. Toss gently.
Per Serving: 36 calories; 0.4 g fat; 0 g sat fat; 0.1 g mono fat; 0.1 g poly fat; 0.6 g protein; 8.7 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 0 mg cholesterol; 0.7 mg iron; 11 mg sodium; 13 mg calcium.