- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak (trimmed and cut against the grain in thin strips)
- 2 cups large diced pineapple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1/2 pound green beans (trimmed and cut in half crosswise)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
Prep time – 30 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
Makes 4 Servings
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil on medium-high.
Stir in curry paste and cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Stir in steak and cook for about 2 minutes or until browned.
Stir in green beans and pineapple and cook for about 1 minute or until pineapple starts to release juices.
Add broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 8 minutes until green beans are crisp-tender.
Serve over rice and top with basil.
Beef and Pineapple Red Curry Recipe – Martha Stewart
- 5 (1-inch) slices fresh pineapple (about 4 1/2 pounds)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
Place first 3 ingredients on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side.
Discard stems and seeds from bell peppers; dice pineapple and bell peppers. Combine pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and remaining ingredients. Toss gently.
Per Serving: 36 calories; 0.4 g fat; 0 g sat fat; 0.1 g mono fat; 0.1 g poly fat; 0.6 g protein; 8.7 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 0 mg cholesterol; 0.7 mg iron; 11 mg sodium; 13 mg calcium.